The Austrian PR Quality Seal
Black sheep, fragmentation of the PR agency landscape, allegations of fraud: The communications sector in Austria and its clients were in dire need of a clear signal for ethics and work quality. Therefore, ÖPR - Österreichisches PR-Gütezeichen has introduced the “Austrian PR Quality Seal”, based on the internationally renowned Consultancy Management Standard by ICCO, in 2013.
The quality sachet aims at all units offering professional PR such as agencies, communication departments in companies and organisations, as well as independent PR consultants. Ethical, content matter and organisational criteria are the key factors assessed in order to be awarded the Austrian PR Quality Seal, as well as guidelines for corporate governance / departmental management.
The standard is audited and certified every two years by an external, independent audit team. It shows:
- An absolute commitment to ethical work – it ensures that everyone involved knows and complies with the PRVA code of ethics
- Sustainable structures and a solid economic base
- Work, process and organisation quality
- Good practice in business planning and transparency
- Efficiency in recurrent activities
- Expertise in problem solving and crisis prevention
The Austria PR Quality seal is a positive differentiator for stakeholders, prospective clients, partners and suppliers. It also offers an important orientation guide for new staff and guarantees working systems and a defined culture.